The 22nd Annual International Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications (ACM HotMobile 2021)
Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE
February 24-26, 2021
Call for Posters/Demos
ACM HotMobile 2021, the Twenty-second International Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications continues the series of highly selective, interactive workshops focused on mobile applications, systems, and environments, as well as their underlying state-of-the-art technologies. HotMobile's small workshop format makes it ideal for presenting and discussing new directions or controversial approaches. HotMobile seeks proposals for posters and demonstrations describing novel work on mobile systems, applications, and services.
Given the current circumstances, live poster presentations and demos will run in parallel over video link during a dedicated session, with participants being able to drop in and out, as they would in an in-situ setting. As backup, authors of posters and demonstrations will be required to have pre-recorded versions of their poster presentations/demos.
The poster/demo session is meant to introduce new or ongoing work and provide opportunities for authors to interact directly with workshop attendees. Posters are well suited to controversial work that can generate discussion or promising new ideas which have not been thoroughly evaluated. Demos provide an opportunity to demonstrate the feasibility and usefulness of your research.
We are looking for new ways of presenting demos and posters, exploiting the possibility of a video link in original and novel ways. For example, demos can be video streamed from labs (where local provisions permit), outdoors, using web portals/Jupyter notebooks/Colab, or involve app downloads via links provided and user testing.
The poster/demo session will feature a Best Poster/Demo award.
Submissions must include an extended abstract no longer than one 8.5x11-inch page, including all figures and references. Submissions must be made electronically in an email message to the Poster/Demo Chair firstname.lastname@example.org).
* subject line for posters: HOTMOBILE POSTER SUBMISSION
* subject line for demos: HOTMOBILE DEMO SUBMISSION
*Abstract deadline: Jan 25th, 2021
More details on the submission process:
* Please set up your page to be letter size, 8.5x11 inches, two columns, using 10-pt font size for the text body, at least one-inch margin on all sides;
* Please include the title of the poster/demo and the author list, including affiliations in both the PDF file and in the body of the email;
* Please prefix your title with “Poster:” for a poster submission and “Demo:” for a demo submission;
* The abstract should be attached in PDF format.