CALL FOR PARTICIPATION – Second Student Design Competition on Networked Computing on the Edge
Co-located with CPS-IoT Week 2022
Milan, Italy May 3-6, 2022
Competition Website: https://smile-sdsu.github.io/cps_iot22/
What is this Competition?
The 2nd student design competition on Networked Computing on the Edge will be held at the CPS-IoT Week in May 2022. This competition invites student teams of all levels to develop and demonstrate innovative projects on the topic of networked computing for edge applications. Projects of integrated computing, control, and communication components on the ground, underwater or air mobile platforms are welcomed. Topics of interest include but are not limited to unmanned aerial vehicle networks, urban aerial mobility, autonomous driving, edge computing, and human-machine interfaces.
Teams must develop solutions using embedded platforms of advanced computing capabilities. Each team should consist of no more than five members including faculty mentors. The organizers can provide embedded hardware solutions built on Jetson TX2 and related hardware and software technical support to participating teams.
- Teams are required to submit a project proposal including project title, abstract, team members and advisor(s) to CPSIoTCompetition@unt.edu to register for the competition. The abstract should state the objective, approach, novelty and impact, and is limited to 300 words. The registration deadline is February 4, 2022.
- The registered teams will submit the final product by April 17, 2022including a poster and a pre-recorded video of their presentation.
- At the conference, each team will make a live presentation or play the recorded video, followed by Q&A.
The evaluation committee will select winners and honorable mentions based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the design (relevance, completeness, novelty, and performance) – 50%
- Quality of the presentation (poster, video/live presentation, and Q&A) – 40%
- Impact of application (societal or economical values) – 10%
Shengli Fu, University of Texas at Arlington (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Junfei Xie, San Diego State University (Email: email@example.com)
Roberto Valenti, MathWorks (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)