Call: EUSN 2021 Session - Erasmus mobility flows
“Erasmus mobility flows and project cooperation in network perspectives"
at the 5th European Conference on Social Networks (EUSN),
September 7-10, 2021 in Naples (Italy) (hybrid in-person and remote conference).
- Kristijan Breznik, International School for Social and Business Studies, Celje, Slovenia
- Marialuisa Restaino, Dept of Economics and Statistics, University of Salerno, Italy
The internationalization of higher education has become of increasing relevance for the university system. Universities are diversifying and expanding international collaborations to strengthen the quality of their research and teaching activities and they encourage students and/or academic staff to participate in international mobility programs. Mobility, and in particular Erasmus mobility, has long called attention to study patterns and trajectories within national and transnational borders.
Likewise, the collaboration in research projects among countries (such as FP7 and Horizon2020) is a key factor for knowledge diffusion and economic growth for a country or a region with welfare implications. Several studies have focused on this topic in order to describe the flows of Erasmus mobility and the project cooperation, and study the attractiveness of different territories and countries. In this scenario, social network analysis can be adopted to better understand the complexity of the phenomenon.
This session aims to highlight the richness and variety of social network studies in both Erasmus mobility and projects collaboration, suggesting new frontiers in research on the topic. We are particularly interested in studies of networks that analyse both phenomena. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
- the role of social networks in studying the Erasmus mobility flows and the projects collaboration;
- the composition, structure, and dynamics, etc. of Erasmus mobility flows and projects collaboration;
- comparative studies of networks;
- mixed-methods studies of projects cooperation and Erasmus mobility social networks;
- Multilayer, Multilevel and Multimode Networks for projects cooperation and Erasmus mobility.
Please submit your abstract (not exceeding 500 words) for an oral presentation.
Deadline: May 23, 2021
Submission link: http://www.eusn2021.unina.it/callforpapers.html
When submitting your abstract, select the Organized Session title from the list of session titles.
In case you have any questions do not hesitate to contact the session organizers-
We look forward to your submissions!