Call for Work In Progress Papers - PerCom2021
CALL FOR Work in Progress Papers:
The 19th International Conference on Pervasive Computing and
Communications (PerCom 2021), March 22-26, 2021
in Kassel, Germany.
The Work in Progress (WiP) session provides an opportunity to present and discuss new challenges and visions, showcase early research results, and explore novel research directions. The specific aim of the WiP session is to provide a forum for timely presentation, discussion and feedback for novel, controversial, and thought-provoking ideas. Contributions are solicited in all areas of pervasive computing research and applications. Papers are expected to report on early or ongoing research on any aspect of pervasive computing and communications. Preliminary experimental results are appreciated.
All selected papers will be presented as posters in a special conference session, or, in the case the conference is held online, as 5 minute talks. Papers will be included in PerCom Workshops proceedings to be published by IEEE and included in the IEEE Xplore digital library. The WiP Chairs and the WiP Program Committee will also select the best WiP contribution based on submissions and presentations.
TOPICS OF INTEREST INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
* Advances in pervasive systems and infrastructures: middleware systems and services; data engineering for pervasive computing; clouds, fog and edge computing; integrations of smartphones in pervasive experiences; applications of device-to-device coordination
* Theories, models, and algorithms: context modeling and reasoning; adaptive computing; activity and emotion recognition; programming paradigms; applied machine learning; deep machine learning; federated learning; casual learning; cognitive computing; complex networks; spatio-temporal modeling techniques
* Domain-specific challenges and novel applications: urban/mobile crowdsensing & intelligence; PerCom for healthcare and well-being; cyber-physical PerCom; smart homes and virtual assistants; innovative PerCom applications (e.g., sports analytics, crime prevention, pervasive nowcasting)
* Intersections of PerCom with: opportunistic networks; IoT and sensor systems; RFID systems; pervasive data science, cyber physical systems
New techniques for user-level concerns: participatory and social sensing; trust, security, and privacy; user interface, interaction, and persuasion; online and offline social networking and pervasive computing
* Technological innovations: architectures, protocols, and technologies for pervasive communications; energy-harvesting, self-powered, or battery-less systems; mobile and wearable systems; smart devices and environments; positioning and tracking technologies; wireless crowd-recharging; device-free human sensingsal submission requirements, please send an email to email@example.com
Authors are requested to submit original, unpublished manuscripts in standard IEEE proceedings format (two-column format with a 4-page limit including figures, tables, and references) in PDF format that include contact information of all the authors. The submitted manuscripts will be reviewed by the WiP Technical Program Committee. The authors of accepted papers will present their work during the main conference and must register for the conference (at least one author must have a full registration).
All manuscripts must be registered and submitted through the EDAS submission site: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__edas.info_newPaper.php-3Fc-3D27739&d=DwIBAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=RT77wRti5MhgKMFymuP49MS5gx8aKTATeD7Iw9LX8cw&s=arCWKGz-o8e6KEHI5beoQI0bDuQkcABNqZTvov-E6Rk&e=
* Submission Deadline: December 15, 2020
* Notification of Acceptance: January 17, 2021
* Camera Ready Deadline: February 5, 2021