- Date of the event: 27-28 October 2021
- Abstract submissions deadline: 15 July 2021 (midnight CET)
- Location: Lyon, France (and virtual)
- A satellite event of the Conference on Complex Systems 2021 (CCS2021)
- Submission portal: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mimode2021
- More information including the program committee members and keynote speakers: https://sites.google.com/view/mimode2021/
The aim of this workshop is to bring together researchers from different fields and practitioners from around the world to facilitate a conversation on the use of innovative digital data sources, new methodologies, empirical findings, and critical challenges of studying migration and mobility in the digital era.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- New data sources for mobility and migration research, challenges and opportunities
- Internal and international migration, short- and long-term mobility
- Modeling and predicting human mobility patterns
- Machine learning and AI methods for studying mobility
- Longitudinal analyses and empirical studies of mobility and migration
- Socio-economic and environmental drivers of migration
- Integration and segregation of migrant populations
- Measuring the impact of natural disasters, conflicts, climate change, and the COVID-19 pandemic on migration
- Access to mobility data, open science, and privacy concerns
- Evaluation and development of migration policy
Abstracts must be submitted electronically by July 15, 2021, through the Easychair platform at the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mimode2021
All submissions will be evaluated by the Program Committee on the basis of quality and fit to the satellite theme.
Oral presentations will be allocated 12 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of Q&A. Please note that the presenting author must register to the main conference as announced on CCS2021 website.
- July 15, 2021 — Deadline for abstract submissions (midnight CET)
- July 30, 2021 — Notification of abstract acceptance for oral presentation
- October 27-28, 2021 — MIMODE 2021 workshop (CCS2021 satellite days)
MIMODE 2021 is currently scheduled to be held in person in Lyon, France as a satellite event of CCS2021. However, due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we may expect the workshop to turn into a hybrid or fully online event.
Presenting authors can indicate their availability to travel to Lyon in October 2021 in the submission platform. We will consider researchers’ needs and organize our satellite event accordingly as we approach the date of the event. More details will follow soon.
The satellite is organized by research scientists in the Laboratory of Digital and Computational Demography at the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research (MPIDR) in Germany (Daniela Perrotta, Samin Aref, and Jisu Kim). Contact the organizers at email@example.com