Call: “Organizational Collaboration Technology’s Impact on Remote..."
Abstract submission for organized sessions at Sunbelt 2022 is open now.
Please consider submitting an abstract to our session, “Organizational Collaboration Technology’s Impact on Remote and Hybrid Work Networks”, for Sunbelt 2022. We welcome any work related to any opportunities and risks of technology in the workplace, or impacts of technology on social networks at work. Session organizers are Brennan Antone, Sofia Dokuka, Y. Jasmine Wu, and Noshir Contractor. The session description is copied below.
Submission URL: https://www.sunbelt2022.org/abstracts
Abstracts due February 6th, 2022.
This session focuses on how technology impacts the changing nature of work. The global pandemic accelerated adoption of new organizational collaboration technologies (e.g., Slack, Zoom). They offer new features unavailable in traditional communication mediums (e.g., email). For instance, by making connecting with others easier and more visible, technology shapes with whom and how employees collaborate. Technology also facilitates collecting rich data on employee interactions that can reveal new patterns in collaborative networks.
This session welcomes papers making theoretical, empirical, or methodological contributions to topics including, but not limited to:
(1) Adoption and impact of collaboration technologies.
(2) Design and affordances of collaboration technologies that shape informal networks.
(3) Challenges and opportunities for reconfiguring social networks stemming from remote or hybrid work.
(4) Changes in remote or hybrid work networks and their consequences at the individual-, team-, or organizational-level.
(5) Methodological advances in network analysis leveraging digital trace data.