Call: PEDISWESA 2022
Call for Papers
The advancements in distributed systems and web-based architectures have led to the continuous need for state-of-the-art performance evaluation mechanisms. The advancements in enabling technologies for the Tactile Internet have led to an ever more push towards advanced paradigms for communication performance evaluation. Given that most architectures and frameworks, such as the Tactile Internet, are becoming increasingly large and complex to manage in a centralized manner, numerous challenges need to be addressed and resolved before such systems become available for use on a large scale level. The multi-dimensional data incorporated in such complex systems, in addition to the enforced high-reliability constraints, add more challenges to the design of these systems. Quantitative analysis can be very difficult and might be intractable because of the state space explosion. New methods and tools have recently emerged for these kinds of complex systems, especially ones that rely on the use of distributed and intelligent solutions. The incorporation of machine learning has led to not only an increase in system accuracy but also will speed up the process of performance evaluation.
This workshop focuses on the performance evaluation of distributed systems (e.g., edge-based processing, federated learning, and Ad Hoc communication), as well as web-based service architectures using both analytical methods and simulation studies. Authors are encouraged to submit papers presenting new research related to QoS and communication performance evaluation of these systems. Submitted papers must not have been published elsewhere nor currently be under review by another conference or journal.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Performance, reliability and scalability of Tactile Internet applications.
- Performance measurement studies for distributed learning systems
- Quantitative analysis methods for distributed computing and web-based services.
- Measurement, analysis, and modeling techniques for decentralized communication architectures
- QoS for Web-services architectures.
- Performance evaluation of Next-Generation Networks.
- Analysis and evaluation of resource management solutions
- Performance and reliability of edge and distributed data centers.
- Small- and large-scale testbed for Tactile Internet and web-based service applications
- Simulation and measurement techniques for mobile, vehicular, and aerial networks
- Tools and software for performance evaluation of Blockchain
- Communication performance evaluation of distributed and mobile systems
Paper submission deadline: April 29th, 2022
Notification of paper acceptance: May 6th, 2022
Submission of camera-ready papers: May 16th, 2022
Workshop Day: 30th June, 2022
Submission Guidelines:Review manuscripts should describe original work and should be no more than 6 pages in the IEEE double column proceedings format including tables, figures and references. Download manuscript templates for IEEE conference proceedings <