IEEE Conference on Standards for Communications & Networking
IEEE Conference on Standards for Communications & Networking (IEEE CSCN 2021)
15-17 December 2021
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, we have great pleasure in inviting you to submit your work to the IEEE Conference on Standards for Communications & Networking (IEEE CSCN 2021). Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the sixth edition of this highly successful conference will be held virtually during 15-17 December 2021.
Standards play a key role in the success of the communications industry, as enablers of global systems inter-operability and economies of scale. IEEE CSCN is a unique conference on the networking circuit in that it aims to close the gap between researchers, scientists and standards experts from academia, industry and different standardization bodies. It serves as a platform for presenting and discussing standards-related topics in the areas of communications, networking and related disciplines, facilitating standards development as well as cooperation among the key players. IEEE CSCN 2021 will deliver high-quality technical as well as visionary papers, which will be reviewed and selected by an international technical program committee (TPC) representing both academia and industry, with a strong standardization background.
- Authors of selected papers from IEEE CSCN 2021 will be invited to submit an extended and improved version to the IEEE Communications Standards Magazine in a Special Issue devoted to IEEE CSCN 2021.
- The conference will be collocated with an IEEE Standards Thessaloniki Summit 2021 (Wednesday, December 15) with participation from all Standards Developing Organizations (SDOs).
New, original and previously unpublished papers are invited that address the emerging connectivity solutions and the standardization approaches and strategies that these may take, as well as the relevant business models and use-cases.
In 2021, IEEE CSCN will be divided into 5 tracks designed to cover the diverse space of technologies:
- Track on 5G and Beyond Emerging Wireless Communications
- Track on IoT, URLLC and Automotive
- Track on Softwarization, Slicing, Automation and Network Management
- Track on Access Network, Edge Computing and Transport for 5G
- Track on Verticals, Services and Applications
Submission Deadline (extended, firm): 1 November 2021
Acceptance Notification: 22 November 2021
Camera-Ready: 6 December 2021
Ed Tiedemann (Qualcomm Technologies Inc, USA)
Periklis Chatzimisios (International Hellenic University, Greece and University of New Mexico, USA)
Ashutosh Dutta (Johns Hopkins University, USA)
Konstantinos Samdanis (Nokia Bell Labs, Germany)
Carlos Cordeiro (Intel, USA)
Jon Rosdahl (Qualcomm, USA)